Creativity Works is our regular series of training courses dedicated to developing the creative skills and practice of young people in the fields of podcasting/ audio production, filmmaking, set design, digital content, photography, and more.
This free 7-week course is designed for Londoners aged 18-30 with a passion for developing, enhancing, or applying new creative skills, so you can collaborate with your cohort and contribute to the creative workforce as you develop foundational skills that can lead you to future paid and long-term careers.
The curriculum is co-designed and co-delivered with emerging and established London-based creatives, and freelancers, plus featuring big-name brands like Acast, audible, Sony music entertainment, The Podcast show, NTS radio, BBC 1xtra, and more through guest speakers, masterclasses, technical skills-based workshops, inspirational bite-sized industry talks, informative panel discussions, brand briefs, and the occasional creative field trip.
Applicants don't need any prior educational or work experience in podcasting to apply, just a passion, interest, or willingness to learn the skills.
Curriculum and Course benefits include:
- Interactive educational workshops for an A-Z intro in podcasting: from ideation and storytelling to recording, editing, producing, presenting, and promoting your podcast.
- Masterclasses taught by Almass Badat, Vespucci, Mae-Li Evans, Axel Kacoutié, Sony, Spotify, Unedited, and more.
- 3-day employability week in the last week of the course, to get support you into work.
- Respond to a live brief set by a brand to make your own podcast.
- A team of friendly facilitators to support you throughout the course.
- Part-time nature to fit around your other commitments with a mixture of in-person and online sessions taking place 3-days a week, Tuesday – Thursday, 10am – 2:30pm.
- Access to a Macbook Pro and Adobe editing suite for the duration of the course.
- Bursary of £200 (to go towards anything to support you during your time on the course).